What is Ashwagandha
This herb comes from the roots and orange-red berries of an evergreen shrub. It is most commonly used for stress and anxiety relief. It is a part of a centuries old medicinal system called Ayurveda. It grows in India, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Most Popular Health Benefits
Ashwagandha has been used for centuries in the medicinal world. At this time there are 6 science backed health benefits to consuming Ashwagandha.
- Increases Strength – Studies have shown that consuming this herb can increase muscle size and result in faster performance. Study participants reported faster speeds, strength, power, and a decrease in body fat percentage and cholesterol levels.
- Decrease Fat and Blood Sugar – Studies have shown that after consuming this herb blood glucose levels were reduced.
- The biggest and most popular – Reducing Stress and Anxiety – Studies have shown that consuming this herb has greatly decreased study participants stress and anxiety.
- Fertility, Testosterone and Sexual Function – Giving Ashwaghanda to men has resulted in increased sperm count, better lubrication and arousal in women, muscle strength in men (which comes relates to testosterone).
- Heart Health – Studies have shown through consumption of Ashwagandha that VO2 levels have increased. That is the amount of oxygen absorbed while exerting yourself.
- Heightens Focus – Studies have shown an increase in cognitive function, motor function and memory.
Best way to consume Ashwagandha
If you eat this herb on an empty stomach it may cause you some discomfort. It is best to eat it with food. You can buy our powder and mix in it a smoothie, yogurt bowl, beverage. To see the best results it is recommended to consume it in the morning. They have found that if you take it twice a day it will help your adrenals maintain balance. 300 milligrams should be enough in one day. That is equal to 1/8th of a tsp. Try adding it to your diet for 60 days! Most people felt less stress and anxiety and positive effects of the herb after 60 days. You can double that intake amount slowly over time!
Another great herb for anxiety is here.